Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hispanic Experience

Have I ever really had an hispanic experience where I have actually interacted with someone with a different culture? I would say no, here in Kalamazoo, or at my home town in Lapeer. We had people with families that looked hispanic, but they never talked with a accent, in a different langauge, eat tacos (just kinding), or anything that linked them to a different culture. And if others of different cultures did, in Lapeer they were one of us (meaning we don't see any differences between culture. In Lapeer, they were one of us, a person, family, talks, eats, sleeps, and etc. The only difference we saw, or acknowledged in Lapeer was class rank, political, geek, jock, cheerleader, the girl people never wanted to call again (just joking, lol...or am I), and etc. Taco Bell sure as heck aint a hispanic place, or Que Dobas that I've been to. They're white as heck in there. If you guys know of any hispanic places that actually have a an actual hispanic culture, then please let me know and I go there t see myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment